How did you do? We’ll soon know won’t we?
1. To chaptalize a wine the winemaker adds sugar before or during the fermentation process to raise the alcohol percentage of the wine. We say the wine has been chaptalized when this is done. This is allowed under French law.
2. The pH of wines usually ranges around 3.5 on the scale of 1 to 10.
3. A jeroboam is 6 standard Bordeaux bottles or 4.5 litres.
4. Pili-Pili that hot pepper is found on the continent of Africa.
5. To soak in French is the verb tremper.
There you have it!