Here we go right into it. Hope everyone is having a great week out there!
1. We know that the Champagne region in France has exclusive rights to the word champagne for it’s sparkling wine but they do make sparkling wines elsewhere in France that cannot use the word champagne. Instead this word is used to denote a sparkling wine made elsewhere outside of the Champagne area in France. What is that word?
2. What appelation area in France was known for making what was called the Black Wine because of the heavy pigment in it? The area runs along the Lot River and the grape that made the Black Wine popular was the Malbec grape which is now popular in Argentina today.
3. Is an Amontillado sherry a dry , sweet sherry , or a medium dry sherry?
4. What is the name of the popular British dish that was originally baked in the oven consisting of pieces of cooked meat mixed with smoked bacon and covered with batter? Nowadays pork sausages arranged in a dish and covered with pancake batter and served very hot is becoming the norm. You would be really good if you got this one.
5. When we cut lettuce en chiffonade what are we actually doing to the lettuce? In other words how is it being cut? Or just tell me what the verb chiffoner is in English.