Here it is! It is time to put your brains to work again. Good luck.
1. This liqueur is made from the local brandy , naartjies ( a local variety of tangerine ) , spices and herbs , and has a pale yellow colour. Dutch colonists tried to recreate their homeland favourite , Cointreau , using these local ingredients. What is the name of this liqueur?
2. This liqueur is deep red in colour and made from cherries and a variety of mountain herbs collected near Abruzzi Italy. One of Italy’s most popular liqueurs it was a favourite of the Italian poet and thinker d’Annunzio. What is the name of this liqueur?
3. What is the name of the schnapps style distilled clear spirit from Japan that is fermented from sweet potato juice?
4. Is sapinette a drink , sauce , a utensil , a flower , a type of sweater you wear in the winter , or a type of tree in French?
5. What is the French slang word meaning to peck at food?
This is probably the hardest quiz yet. If you get one right you are a genius! Answers later…..