The Tuesday quiz is here again. Where do the weeks go!
1. This liqueur takes it’s name from one of the whiskies mentioned in Sir Compton Mackenzie’s book ” Whiskey Galore.” It is a blend of Speyside Whiskey and fermented comb honey. What is the name of this liqueur?
2. This liqueur is produced in Armagnac from oranges and herbs which are macerated in aged Armagnac brandy and then sweetened with sugar syrup. In France a small measure of this liqueur is often added to dry sparkling wine such as Blanquette de Limoux to make a refreshing aperitif called Mousquetaire. What is the name of this liqueur?
3. This liqueur is colored purple to signify passion and is really , really , sweet. It is flavoured by the oil of violets , rose petals , vanilla , almonds , citrus fruits , coriander , and sugar. What is the name of this liqueur?
4. In Spain , tapas is an assortment of hors d’oeuvres or cocktail snacks usually always served with sherry , manzanilla , or Malaga. The assortment can be so abundant that it can serve as a meal as well. Tapa where the word tapas originated stood for a slice of bread being used to cover a glass of wine to protect the wine from flies. Hence what does the word tapa mean in Spanish?
5. To translate the French word “Langue” into English you get what two different words?
I think this is the hardest quiz yet. I think if anyone got two right they would be like a whiz or something to that effect. Good luck and have fun!