Here we go again for that dazzling Tuesday morning quiz. Hey next Tuesday is the end of March and the start of warmth creeping back into the daytime temperature. Can hardly wait!
1. There is a liqueur that comes from Italy that is sold in a tall , narrow , clear bottle that contains a sugar encrusted twig that looks like a Christmas tree. It is called Fior d’Alpi and comes from the Italian Alps. Aside from some herbs where does the main flavour component come from? Easy if you know Italian.
2. What is unique about Irish Whiskey and how it is made?
3. The morning of a hangover is tough to take and there are many ways in which people say they get rid of theirs’ such as the Hair of the Dog method when they just take another drink of what they got hungover with and so on. But there is one called the “Prairie Oyster.” Here is my question to you , does the prairie oyster contain alcohol or a raw egg yolk or both?
4. Salmis is a type of stew in cuisine. What kind of stew is it?
5. Is sorrel an edible green plant or a type of mushroom ?
There is a couple of tricky ones in there so do some thinking before jotting down your answers.
Good luck and the answers will be posted later.