Well here I am close to 1am after a night at work home sipping on a beer. I don’t know why but I am happy and relieved to be 50 all at the same time.
This morning I woke up at 5am thinking back over the years and wondering how I managed to cram so much in what seemed like no time at all. Today I was nostalgic , then at work tonight I felt like I was counting down New Year’s Eve. I was actually getting myself a bit too worked up inside. I wanted to make 50.
All I want is really about 5 things in my life from here on in.
1. Good health – without that you got nothin.’
2. Continue having fun and being a good Dad to my two boys.
3. Be thankful that I have a wife like I do.
4. Build up my teaching so that I can continue having a positive impact on people.
5. Write a book one day about things.
Eventually I would like to wait very part time. I am getting tired of it. It has been good to me but mentally and somewhat physically it does take it’s toll.
Today we are going to the Science Centre and then out to a nice dinner buffet. The wife and my two sons.
So there you have it. I am tired from tonight so off to bed I go. With teaching and waiting have had one day off in seventeen. I am off Saturday so as to celebrate.
Good night……and thanks to everyone who has made these first 50 years a trip for me. I am eternally grateful.